Saturday, November 13, 2010

Barrage is going well

I think I finally decided on the direction I want Barrage to head.  I think its a solid gameplay mechanic that is score driven and has arcade style elements.  It should be intense enough for hardcore gamers but with the ability of being casual for the recreational gamer.  Ripple seemed to turn off a lot of gamers due to its difficulty so I hope Barrage has a greater level of accessiblity without ignoring the harcore gamers.  Today, I finally got a couple of hours in one sitting to work on Barrage, and it was nice.  With videogame programming being a hobby of mine I don't have as much time to devote to it as I would like but tonight I was able to get two and a half hours solid to work on it.  This allowed me to make some good progress and I feel good about the direction the game is taking.  I am really shooting for a January 2011 release but that is difficult to tell at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment