Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Xbox dashboard

So it has now been nearly a week with the new Xbox 360 dashboard and I have liked most of the changes as far as indie games are concerned.  I do like how all the lists have been extended to the top 50 instead of the top 25.  That means more games more more of a chance to be easily viewable, it has given my game some more time to show on new arrivals.  The down side is it is now harder to find indie games.  Instead of just going to Game Marketplace > Indie Games you now have to go Game Marketplace > Speciality Shops > Indie Games.  This will make it harder for someone to stumble across the marketplace for indie games but it shouldn't have a huge effect.  All in all I think the changes are welcome and will hopefully increase the attention that indie games receives.

Barrage update:  It is coming along nicely, albeit slowly since I can only work on games 5 to 10 hours a week.  I really wish I had to the time to work on these for a full work week but that is not something I can afford at this time.  Otherwise, I think it is looking pretty good and should still be on track for peer review in March, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment