Monday, December 6, 2010

Back from a break

I decided to take the weekend off from writting any code.  Between programming at work during the day and then again at night for games I was a little burnt out from staring at a computer screen.  I am now ready to do some more work on Barrage this week and hopefully make some good progress towards getting the first level started.

I purchased a great XBLIG this weekend called "Leave Home" and played it a bunch this weekend.  It's a great game and part of the same genre as Barrage.  The overall length for "Leave Home" is very short but the replayability is through the roof as it sports a dynamic difficulty based on the performance of the player.  Add a stellar presentation to that and you have a great game that is definately worth a purchase.  I hope that Barrage can live up to that level of quality when I am done with it.

I also found a couple of reviews for Ripple on-line, one positive, and one rather neutral.  It was nice to see some press for that game even though I have made very little effort to market that game.  The neutral review had a few negative things to say about the game which was actually helpful since I got to read another player's perspective and add to the list of things to change for the Ripple update and for Ripple 2, which I will begin work on after Barrage is complete.

Plus, we are smack in the middle of the Indie Games Uprise which began this month which sports some great releases on XBLIG.  If I were you I would check them out and start downloading.

No comments:

Post a Comment